Thank you for your interest in studying as an ERASMUS+ student at the Rostock University for Music and Drama (hmt). You'll find all the information about the application process on the pages below. Check also the Application Guide for further information.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline for the application for the winter semester is the 1st of April, for the summer semester the 1st of December of each year.
Needed documents for the application process
- Application Form: As an applicant, you must complete the application form from international office of your university. Please contact your ERASMUS-Coordinator for more information
- Transcript of Records: Applicant needs to hand in his/her Transcript of Records or a similar document with a report of recent study results
- Learning Agreement: Applicants need to fill in the Learning Agreement form. Here you are able to choose your study courses at our institution.
- Curriculum Vitae: For your Application you need to hand in your (tabular) CV.
- Recording: Applicants must send a recording (CD/DVD/USB/internet link) of ca. 20 minutes. The composition candidates have to turn in three (or four) scores, incl. sound recordings.
The acceptance of ERASMUS+ exchange students is only possible if there are extra student places available after the regular applications in the same discipline have been considered.
After the decision all applicants will receive an official confirmation of the result of their application from the hmt Rostock. For the winter term, you'll receive your confirmation until the end of June, for the summer term until the end of January.
If you have any further questions regarding the application process, please don't hesitate to contact us via e-mail.
You have to prove your German language knowlegde on level B1. The lectures are mostly held in German. You'll also need basic German language skills for your daily life.
We would highly recommend to pass a German language course before you're starting your ERASMUS-semester in Rostock. Of course, you can improve your language skills when you're here, for example when you're attending a German course of our language center.
Especially at the beginning of the semester, it can be difficult to find a place to stay in Rostock. The Studentenwerk Rostock offers favourable rooms for students, but please note that it's very important to contact the Studentenwerk as soon as you're receiving your confirmation, since they're booked out very quickly.
We highly recommend to contact the Local ERASMUS Initiative. It's a group of multi-cultural students who'll take care of you on your first days, help you with your accomodation, health insurance etc. They also offer a fun programme of social events.
For studying at the hmt Rostock, you need to prove that your insurance is sufficiant.
Applicants of the EU need to have the European health insurance canrd.
Non-EU-applicants need to get a German health insurance. If you're not sure about the process or need help, please don't hesitate to contact us via e-mail.
If you're nnot sure whether you need a visa to enter Germany, check out the list of countries with a visa requirement from the Foreign Office.
EU-citizens don't need a visa to entre Germany. Students from the European Union countries must report to the responsible resident registration office (“Einwohnermeldeamt”) after the arrival in Rostock.
- Local administration offices of the City of Rostock
- Non-EU citizen have to apply for a visa at the German Embassy in their own country. Please make sure to apply for a visa in time, it usually takes 3 month. You can find information about the Visa at the homepages of the Federal Foreign Office and the DAAD.
Tue 1.30-3.00 pm and
Prof. Dr. Bernd Fröde
fon +49 381 5108-123
fon +49 170 1535052
Thursdays, 5.15 - 6.15 pm