Masterclass Cello Prof. Maximilian Hornung
Maximilian Hornung’s teachers were Eldar Issakadze, Thomas Grossenbacher and David Geringas. After winning the Deutscher Musikwettbewerb in 2005, he went on to win first prize at the ARD Music Competition in 2007 as the cellist of the Tecchler Trio in which he continued to play until 2011. He became principal cellist at the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra at the age of 23, a position which he held until 2013.
Maximilian Hornung performs concerts as a soloist with the world’s best orchestras that are led by renowned conductors, and he is also a sought-after chamber musician. He has already received the coveted ECHO Prize twice.
Accompaniment: Kiyoko Wakamatsu
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra.
- Robert Schumann: Violoncellokonzert a-Moll op. 129
- Peter Tschaikowsky: Variationen über ein Rokokothema für Violoncello und Orchester op. 33
- Antonín Dvořák: Violoncellokonzert h-Moll op. 104
- Camille Saint-Saëns : Violoncellokonzert Nr. 1 a-Moll op. 33
- Edward Elgar: Violoncellokonzert e-Moll op. 85
Summer Campus | 25. International Masterclasses
Course dates: 20. - 27. August 2021
Preselection: Video recording (YouTube link), free selection of the piece