Masterclass Cello Prof. Natalie Clein | 22 - 24 August 2019
Born in the United Kingdom, Natalie Clein came to widespread attention at the age of sixteen when she won both the BBC Young Musician of the Year and the Eurovision Competition for Young Musicians in Warsaw. As a student she was awarded the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Scholarship by the Royal College of Music. She completed her studies with Heinrich Schiff in Vienna.
Natalie Clein records with Hyperion, has featured as Editors’ choice and was awarded the Diapason d’Or for several recordings. As a chamber musician, she regularly collaborates with artists such as Henning Kraggerud, Anthony Marwood, Lawrence Power and Christian Ihle Hadland. She is a Professor at the Royal College of Music London and Rostock University of Music and Drama.
Répétiteur: Irina Botan
Preselection: Video recording (YouTube link), free selection of the piece
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra.
- Ernest Bloch: Schelomo - Hebräische Rhapsodie für Violoncello und Orchester
- Antonín Dvořák: Violoncellokonzert h-Moll op. 104
- Edward Elgar: Violoncellokonzert e-Moll op. 85
- Joseph Haydn: Violoncellokonzert D-Dur Hob. VIIb:2
- Dmitri Schostakowitsch: Violoncellokonzert Nr. 1 Es-Dur op.107