Masterclass Clarinet Sebastian Manz
Since Sebastian Manz won the International ARD Music Competition in 2008, he has been one of the most sought-after clarinet soloists and chamber musicians of his generation. Today, the Hanover-born musician gives concerts worldwide and is also principal clarinettist of the SWR Symphony Orchestra.
Sebastian Manz demonstrates his enthusiasm for arranging and composing time and again in concerts as well as in his discography, which has received numerous prizes. He has also convinced the jury of the ECHO three times and received the ECHO Klassik, as well as the OPUS Classic Award in October 2020. In September 2020, Sebastian Manz released his recording of the clarinet concerts of Magnus Lindberg and Carl Nielsen, which has been received warmly by both the public and the press.
Sebastian Manz's most important teachers and sponsors include Sabine Meyer and Rainer Wehle.
Accompaniment: Olha Chipak
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra:
- Aaron Copland: Klarinettenkonzert
- Jean Françaix: Klarinettenkonzert
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy: Zwei Konzertstücke op. 113 und 114 für Klarinette, Bassetthorn und Orchester
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Klarinettenkonzert A-Dur KV 622
- Carl Nielsens: Klarinettenkonzert op. 57
- Carl Maria von Weber: Quintett B-Dur für Klarinette und Streichorchester op. 34 (orig. für Klarinette, zwei Violinen, Viola und Violoncello)