Masterclass Percussion Prof. Alexej Gerassimez | 23 - 30 August 2019
Alexej Gerassimez is as versatile as a musician as the array of instruments that he plays. His repertoire ranges from classical music and new music to jazz and minimal music and is complemented further by his own compositions. As a soloist, he is a frequent guest of internationally renowned orchestras and is also an enthusiastic chamber musician. He has won numerous prizes at competitions, including 2nd Prize at the ARD International Music Competition 2014 and 1st Prize at the German Music Competition. He has been Professor of Percussion at the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich since November 2017 and he teaches as a guest lecturer at the Mozarteum Salzburg and at the Birmingham Conservatoire.
Répétiteur: Hana Lee
Preselection: Video recording (YouTube link), free selection of the piece
One of the highlights for the participants will be their rehearsal and performance of the Carmen-Suite by Georges Bizet/R. Shchedrin. The performance will take place on the 29th of August in the frame of the Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra.
- Keiko Abe: Prism Rapsody for Marimba and Orchestra
- Avner Dorman: Schlagzeugkonzerts „Frozen in Time“, 1. Satz | 1st Movement
- Anders Koppel: Concerto No. 1 for Marimba and Orchestra
- Ney Rosauro: Marimba Concerto Nr. 1
- Emmanuel Séjourné: Concerto for Marimba and Strings
- Emmanuel Ségourné: Concerto for Vibraphone and Orchestra
- Georges Bizet/R. Shchedrin: Carmen-Suite
- Tan Dun: Schlagzeugkonzert „The Tears of Nature“