Masterclass Viola Prof. Barbara Buntrock | 23 - 30 August 2019
Barbara Buntrock has been Professor of Viola at Dusseldorf’s Robert Schumann Hochschule since 2015. She was first principal violist at the Gewandhausorchester Leipzig from February 2009 to December 2010, before giving up the position in favour of her solo and chamber music projects. She plays a viola built by Antonio Mariani, Pesaro, from around 1650, which was once played by the legendary violist Lionel Tertis.
Barbara Buntrock studied with Werner Dickel, Barbara Westphal, Heidi Castleman, Tabea Zimmermann and Lars Anders Tomter. She was a prizewinner at several international competitions and her most recent success was a 2nd prize at the Tokyo International Viola Competition in 2012.
Répétiteur: Yumin Kim
Preselection: Video recording (YouTube link), free selection of the piece
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra.
- Béla Bartók: Violakonzert
- Franz Anton Hoffmeister: Violakonzert D-Dur
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Sinfonia concertante für Violine, Viola und Orchester Es-Dur KV 364
- Leo Smit: Konzert für Viola und Streicher
- Carl Stamitz: Violakonzert D-Dur
- Georg Philipp Telemann: Konzert für Viola, Streicher und Basso continuo G-Dur TWV 51:G9