Masterclass Viola Prof. Piotr Szumieł
Piotr Szumieł has earned an excellent reputation among the younger generation of violists. Until 2008, he was a member of the Dresden Philharmonic and, as solo violist, of the Dresden Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra. He is also a sought-after juror and teacher of masterclasses and since 2020, he has been professor of viola at hmt Rostock. One of the main focuses of his artistic activity is his work as a member of the multi-award-winning Apollon Musagète Quartet.
Piotr Szumieł has won the following competitions: the Jan Rakowski Viola Competition in Poznań, the International Instrumental Competition in Markneukirchen, the International Johannes Brahms Competition in Pörtschach, the International Viola Competition in Vienna and the ARD International Music Competition.
Accompaniment: Prof. Andreas Hecker
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra.
- Johann Christian Bach (Henri Casadesus): Konzert c-Moll für Viola und Orchester
- Béla Bartók: Violakonzert (1st movement)
- Franz Anton Hoffmeister: Violakonzert D-Dur
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Sinfonia concertante für Violine, Viola und Orchester Es-Dur KV 364
- Carl Stamitz: Violakonzert D-Dur
- William Walton: Violakonzert (1st movement)
- Carl Maria von Weber: Andante e Rondo Ungarese für Viola und Orchester