Masterclass Violin Prof. Stefan Hempel | 23 - 30 August 2019
Stefan Hempel is one of the most versatile violinists of his generation; he won numerous prizes as a soloist at international competitions such as the ‘International Max Rostal Competition’ and the ‘Michael Hill International Violin Competition’. He performs concerts as violinist in the Morgenstern Trio, which have taken him to nearly all of the world’s continents, with various debuts in some of the most important concert halls, such as the Musikverein in Vienna, Concertgebouw Amsterdam, Carnegie Hall (NY), the Lincoln and Kennedy Centers and Ilshin Hall, Seoul. He gained his training as a musician with Stephan Picard and Eberhard Feltz (chamber music) at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler in Berlin. After teaching at the Hochschule für Musik Hanns Eisler in Berlin and the State University of Music and the Performing Arts Stuttgart, Stefan Hempel was appointed professor at the Rostock University of Music and Drama in 2010, making him one of the youngest professors in Germany.
Several of his students are prizewinners at international competitions and hold important positions at renowned orchestras in Germany.
Répétiteur: Daniel Seroussi
Preselection: Video recording (YouTube link), free selection of the piece
The following repertoire is available for soloist performances as part of rehearsals and concerts with the orchestra.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Violinkonzert D-Dur op. 61
- Johannes Brahms: Violinkonzert D-Dur op. 77
- Ernest Chausson: Poème für Violine und Orchester op. 25
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy: Violinkonzert e-Moll op. 64
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Violinkonzert G-Dur KV 216 | Violinkonzert D-Dur KV 218 | Violinkonzert A-Dur KV 219 | Sinfonia concertante für Violine, Viola und Orchester Es-Dur KV 364
- Robert Schumann: Violinkonzert d-Moll WoO 23
- Jean Sibelius: Violinkonzert d-Moll op. 47
- Peter Tschaikowski: Violinkonzert D-Dur op. 35