Prof. Dr. Isolde Malmberg
fon +49 381 5108-128
Wed. 11:00 - 12:00am, Room S1 08
Isolde Malmberg, born in Linz (Northern Austria), studied French, Music and instrumental education with the main subjects singing and piano at the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna.
From 1996 to 2004 she worked as a high school and instrumental teacher as well as choir conductor. She supervised school internships as a mentor at the Institute for Music Education (IMP) of the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna.
Afterwards, she worked as a university assistant at IMP from 2004 to 2010. In 2010 she submitted her dissertation in music pedagogics (Franz Niermann) on the subject of project methods and music education in school. From 2010 to 2013 Isolde Malmberg was Senior Scientist at the IMP and from 2014 to 2016 she was assistant professor at the same institute.
In 2015/2016 she received a call both to PH Freiburg (W3) as well as to the hmt Rostock (W2). Her choice fell on the hmt Rostock.
Isolde Malmberg was appointed as professor for music pedagogigcs/music didactics at the hmt Rostock on the 1st of October 2016, where she is in charge of Music for Primary School and special needs education.
Main areas of research:
Activities of international networking and editing
- Vice president of the European Association for Music in Schools (EAS)
- Chair of Editorial Board of EAS
- Coordination of EAS Special Focus Group PRiME- Practitioner Research in Music Education
- International Summer School Music, Language and Community
- Editorial Commitee of International Journal of Music Education from ISME