Europe in C
A Collaborative Music Platform for Young Musicians in Europe
13,14, 15 November 2019
Lead: Rostock University of Music and Drama (DE)
#workshops & performances
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
- 6 EUROPEAN PORTS
Marseille (France) - Dunkirk (France) - Trieste (Italy) - Rostock (Germany) - Ostend (Belgium) - Athens (Greece)
- 7 MUSICAL EDUCATION ESTABLISHMENTS
Conservatoire de Dunkerque (FR) - Conservatorium van Oostende (BE) - Rostock University of Music and Drama (DE) - Conservatorio di Musica Giuseppe Tartini (IT) - Cité de la Musique (FR) - Conservatoire de Martigues (FR) - Music Program/Class CHAM at Collège Longchamp (FR)
- 2 RESEARCH CENTERS
LabMAT - Laboratory of Music Acoustics and Technology (GR) - Consortium GARR broadband network (IT)
…connected in one network
A 16-Month European Project (01/09/18 to 31/12/19) That Co-Finances:
- 3 International Meetings: Trieste (November 2018), Athens (December 2018), and Rostock (November 2019).
- 3 Youth Exchange Programs: Six days of music and technology workshops in connection with the In C project and the collaborative platform (Dunkirk, Athens, and Marseille).
- 3 Performances: Concerts using the LoLa system will be held after each workshop, with the last performance in Marseille serving as the closing event and featuring a delegation of musicians from each participating country (N.B.: Each partner may enhance events with financing outside of Erasmus+).
- 3 Works of Intellectual Property:
A collaborative digital platform that integrates the LoLa system.
A database of instrumentals so In C can be played with diverse accompanying instruments.
Documentary work summarising the project.
In C, The Artistic Motif of the Project
- In C is a musical piece composed by Terry Riley in 1964.
- In C is one of the first minimalist compositions and a foundational work of American repetitive music.
- In C is a free and flexible collective musical work with a unique compositional structure that has been described as “the global village’s first ritual symphonic piece.”
- In C is the cornerstone of the workshops and exchange programs for the young musicians and the closing event will feature a collective public performance of the work.
Website Europe in C