Experiencing other cultures, countries and teaching approaches at first hand, as well as collaborating with international and renowned teachers and orchestras frequently prove to be extremely valuable experiences for future and established musicians.
Make the most of this opportunity! The International Office is happy to provide you with support at any stage of the process.
- enrolled at hmt Rostock
- successful completion of at least two university semesters at hmt Rostock
- period of study at a higher education institution that participates in the Erasmus+ programme
- period of study to last between two and twelve months
- All those wishing to complete a period of study abroad in the coming academic year must write an email to hmt Rostock’s International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 January, providing the following document: Application Form and Cover Letter (max 1 page)
Application Form Erasmus+
- Inform yourself about the application procedure at the desired university. In particular, make sure that you pay attention to the application deadlines! Apply via the required application procedure at the desired university. You can download a digital transcript of records online. We recommend that you apply to three universities to increase your chances of being accepted.
Erasmus+ stays can only take place at universities that have signed a partnership agreement with hmt Rostock. We currently have partnerships with the following institutions:
All colleges and universities participating in the Erasmus+ program are potential partner universities of hmt Rostock. Please contact us if the university or college you are interested in is not on the list of partner universities.
The grant amount varies depending on the living costs at the destination and is recalculated every year. Currently, the monthly grants (30 days) amount to:
- € 490: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
- € 540: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- € 600: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden
- € 700: all other countries
Payments will be made in two instalments once all of the required documents have been signed: the first instalment (70 %) will be transferred prior to departure and the second instalment (30 %) following your return.
Participants with fewer opportunities
For "participants with fewer opportunities" [de], the grant increases to €250 per month (see below).
Students who use low-emission transport to reach their destination, such as bus, train, bicycle, carpools, or walk receive an extra € 50.
Students with BAföG grants will continue to receive BAföG during their stay abroad. More information can be found here [de].
An Erasmus+ stay is also possible without Erasmus+ funding ("zero grant" funding). All other advantages remain the same: Recognition of credit points, intensive supervision, etc.
Students pay no study fees to the host universities for their period of study abroad.
Students must continue to pay the semester fee at hmt Rostock during their period of stay abroad. It is possible to request the reimbursement of the semester ticket.
Participants with fewer opportunities
Equal opportunities is a key concern of the Erasmus+ programme. The national agency has encouraged the mobility of participants with fewer opportunities since 1999. Students with jobs, students from non-academic backgrounds, students with children, students with chronic illnesses, and disabled students can receive extra funding. The extra funding must be requested by means of a signed declaration of honour which you have to submit to the International Office prior to the begin of your Erasmus stay. More information is available here[de].
Prior to your stay abroad
Leave of absence:
Students at hmt Rostock can choose between a suspension (Freistellung) and a leave of absence (Beurlaubung). We recommend a short consultation appointment at the Student Office.
The Erasmus+ grant does not provide any kind of insurance cover. It is therefore important that you take out sufficient insurance cover for the duration of your period of stay abroad. Please contact your health insurance in due time to find out more.
After your stay abroad
Every recipient of an Erasmus+ mobility grant is obliged to write a report via the Beneficiary Module and to submit it together with the corresponding proof (e.g. of length of stay).
I would like to go abroad in a non-European country. This is possible, but the budget is very limited. Switzerland offers financial support for exchange students. For all other non-European countries, we recommend that you also apply within Europe.
I would like to go to a university that is not on the list of partner universities. This is possible. Please contact us so that we can get in touch with the desired university to sign a bilateral agreement.
I am already abroad and would like to extend my stay. In most cases this is possible. The prerequisite is that both universities/colleges have enough free places. Please contact us in advance.
My application for Erasmus+ funding was rejected. If your application is rejected, you will be advised of other possible funding options. An Erasmus+ stay is also possible without Erasmus+ funding ("zero grant" funding). We will do our best to find a solution for everyone.
For any other query: Write us an email: erasmushmt-rostockde